Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Surreal"


For my complex vector illustration I decided to use the movie poster for "Black Swan." I named this piece "Surreal" because the words meaning correlates with what the movie is about and also describes the type of artwork I used in my picture. Surreal means having a disoriented quality, or being hallucinatory like a dream. In the movie there are a lot of unrecognized hallucinations and unreal events, which I think is represented by the soft blurs of my piece. I tried to make it as if the "Black Swan" looked like she was disappear because in the movie she mentally gets lost and cannot find herself. Surreal can also mean   bizarre which is demonstrated by the dark red, bloodshot eyes I drew on the character. I love the passion for dance that the movie portrays and hope that my desire to exemplify the "fire" in her eyes shows that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment